As an industrial engineer I love Excel because it has made analysis easier for me. My struggle to work with excel workbooks started when I was using C#, however I wanted to use it like I was using VBA which was not the best way.
With java also I tried to read from and write into excel worksheets using Apache poi.
But working with these basic classes is frustrating if you just want to read and write some tables and vectors. That's where JETT or jXLS can help you.
A comparison between these two can be found in:
It has a lot of dependencies whose link can be found on the website. Also most of the dependencies can be found in Apache poi bundle.
JETT requires the following libraries:
- Apache POI 3.14
- Apache POI, in turn, depends on the following library: XML Beans 2.6.0.
- XML Beans 2.6.0
- Apache Commons JEXL 2.1.1
- Apache Commons JEXL 2.1.1 in turn depends on Commons Logging 1.1.1.
- Apache Commons Logging 1.2
- SourceForge's jAgg 0.9.0
- JUnit 4.8.2 (for testing only)
- HSQLDB 188.8.131.52 (for testing only)